Tuesday, January 2, 2007

PS3 to Lead Console Battle? Really? Who Says?

PS3 to Lead Console Battle? Really? Who Says?

by Larry C.

GameDaily Biz's own James Brightman posted an article this morning referring to a report that stated: PS3 to Lead Console Battle with 75M by 2010 That got me thinking? Who the hell are these guys that come up with this stuff? How do they know that and where do they come off saying something that outlandish.

Following the link James provided I checked out the source. Seems it takes ages to load and talks in VERY broad strokes. You have to pay for the full report of course. I know I didn't pay for it and I'll have to ask Mr. Brightman if he actually purchased the report. They seem to just come out and say PS3 will win. There is no reason behind it, they just say it.

I have a feeling James posted it because he is a believer in the PS3 and wants it out there doing well. Now, I am not saying James has questionable motives or integrity. By no means! He's posted stories about the PS3 and Sony being in dire straights. It's more a question of why a story like this has legs at all. Why is this news?

We all have to sit around and wait. So far this Christmas season, the Sony PS3 only sold 750,000 units in the US as compared to 2 million Xbox 360's and 1.8 million Wii's I don't think that is the sign of a system that is going to have 75 million sold in the next three years. If you ask me, the Xbox 360 is going to come out ahead, Unlike the Research and Markets group, I am not going to come out and say I have data. I have no data. I am just stating my opinion based the little that I know. I just believe that the Microsoft Xbox360 will win the console war. This is exactly what that research company did too. They are just stating an opinion based on who knows what.

Wait wait, there is a moral to the story! Don't believe everything that is printed. Question everything, because maybe they are just like you and me. Numbers tell stories but they are just that, stories.

(c) www.gamedailyxl.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hiya,
First off, thanks so much for picking up my response.
Larry C of gamedailyxl.com here. I wrote that piece and a follow up today.
I am just so surprised some many outlets have picked up the article without anyone actually reading it? Totally bizarre. Its a really cost prohibitive report at nearly $1900

Unknown said...

Thanks for putting my name up!
sweet!

Blog Admin said...

Sorry it wasn't there earlier :)

Tag Cloud